MrLeica.com – Matthew Osborne Photography
I have rebranded this blog as ‘MrLeica.com‘ and hope to grow the Leica content to become a one stop blog for all things Leica M. 35mm Leica M cameras are my usual workhorse tools for all types of photography but I also shoot medium format film. The majority of the blog content will be Leica M camera related going forward but I will retain the posts relating to non-Leica brand cameras. I will continue to share the occasional medium format film blog posts and any other cameras of interest. I live sleep breath Leica photography (and small Leica size medium format rangefinder cameras such as the Fuji GF670 / GS645) so I thought the domain name MrLeica.com was quite fitting.
Where else can you find me -
Homepage: www.MatthewOsbornephotography.co.uk (Generic website about my photography that is non-camera specific)
New Lauch: LeicaWeddingPhotographer.co.uk (New website dedicated to my Leica Wedding Photography)
- Wedding Photographer, Coventry UK using a Leica M9. Documentary style photos.
- Model Photographer specialising in female Fashion & Beauty portrait photography.
- Photography Tuition & Lighting Workshops ran from Coventry UK studio/ location.
- Film Photography using 35mm film & Medium Format film cameras.
Leica Wedding Photographer. Coventry Wedding Photographer offering Leica Wedding Photography both in the UK and worldwide. Natural documentary style wedding photography and stunning high fashion wedding portraits. Provides both Leica digital photography (Leica M9 and Leica M8) and 35mm Leica film photography (Leica M2). As a Leica wedding photographer I like to work quietly as an observer in the background. I shoot by available light where possible, adding flash for subtle creative lighting.
Leica Lifestyle Photographer. I have realised from how I direct my model shoots that I am in fact a lifestyle photographer. Posing often everyday people in everyday situations to look very natural. I have not yet branded myself as a lifestyle photographer but it may be a route I take in 2015 as this style comes very naturally to me and I find it easy to work closely with my clients to get the best from the images.
Fashion and Beauty Portrait Photographer. Studio based model photographer in Coventry specialising in black and white female portraiture. I use both available light and flash photography in my images. I help girls build their model portfolio and collaborate with experienced published models both in the UK and across Europe.
Photography Workshops. I provide 1-2-1 photography tuition and lighting workshops from my Coventry studio. I will help you to understand light and your camera and bring to enhance your photography. I have also started running London photography workshops teaching photographers how to work with a professional model out on location. The date I announced for June 2014 sold out in under 48hrs. If you are interested in booking a workshop day please get in touch.
History – How I Started:
Hi, I setup my blog page in March 2013 as my Flickr followers keep asking me to share some of my thoughts. To give you a brief background, I’m 36 and live in the UK. My photography began in 2008 after getting a Lumix TZ5 for Christmas. Almost 5 years later I now have many cameras and offer Photography Tuition to those who often get paid for their work. Besides teaching, I shoot as a Wedding Photographer and Model Photographer. I am 100 % self taught so thought a blog would be a great way to share some of the things I have learnt so far. At the end of 2012 I started to develop a passion for Film Photography and in the summer of 2013 I bought my first Leica camera. I am now officially a Leica nut and use a Leica M9, M8 and Leica M2 film camera for 99.99% of my photography, whether Leica wedding photography, Leica lifestyle photography or Leica fashion / model photography.
Blog Content: Featured Cameras
- Leica M9 - Wedding Photography Examples / Model Photography Examples
- Leica M8
- Leica M2
- Panasonic Lumix G3+ Leica M mount lenses
- Nikon D800 – Model Photography Examples & More Examples! / Wedding Photography Examples
- Yashica MG-1
- Nikon FM – Model Photography Examples
- Pentacon Six TL
- ARAX-CM – Model Photography Examples
- Contax 645 – Bridal Photography Examples / Wedding Photography – B&W Examples + Colour Examples / Model Photography Examples
- Mamiya RZ67 Pro II – Model Photography Examples/ Wedding Photography Examples
- Rodinal Stand Development of B&W film
- Nikon D700 Camera Review
- Samyang 85mm 1.4 Lens Review
- Lensbaby Edge 80
- Nikkor 200mm f2 AI-s lens (Includes Model & Wedding Photography examples)
- Moskva 5 – Model Photography Examples
- Voigtlander Bessa R3A – Model Photography Examples
- Lumix G1 – Example photos using Voigtlander 40mm f1.4 lens
Camera Gear for Sale (May 2014) :
- Kiev 88 camera
- Pentacon Six TL camera
- Nikkor 85mm f1.4D lens (Mint with hood / without box)
- Nikkor 35mm f1.4G lens (Near Mint & Boxed)
- Samyang 24mm f1.4 lens (Mint & Boxed)
- Contax 645 Polaroid back
I hope you find the content as enjoyable to read as I find it is to write.