Free Leica Presets for Lightroom!
Occasionally I develop new Lightroom Presets for Leica images I capture. I develop presets for myself to apply to any Leica camera photo whether Leica M240, Leica CL, Leica SL, Leica Q or Leica M8. Here I offer *Free Leica presets for Lightroom. (*Free with any MrLeica Lightroom Preset Bundle purchase).
>> Join me on YouTube!
Editing in Lightroom using Lightroom Presets – My workflow
Adobe Lightroom is my preferred editing software to batch edit images (usually digital photos rather than film). I tend to follow a similar process each time so here is an overview of my steps –
- Upload image folder to Lightroom for a particular photoshoot or trip
- Try applying Leica camera specific LR presets first (For example applying Leica CL LR presets for Leica CL camera images etc) and see how the photos look
- Consider the mood I remember from the trip and does the selected presets give me that feeling/ look?
- If yes, apply the preset to all images, export photos and send to the model(s)
- If no, try apply different Leica camera preset (ie. Leica M8 B&W preset applied to Leica M240 images)
- If photos looks good, go to step 4
- When none of my existing presets give the look I want I have to get developing/ creative and make a generic Lightroom preset that will work on all images in that series
- If the photos look good, go to step 4 + save new Lightroom preset
- When I use this same preset multiple times for different photoshoots I list it in my personal “MrLeica Presets” list
- If multiple people start contacting me directly asking for the preset then that is the signal that there might be enough interest to take the time to write a blog post with example images and make it available to download
Are you a Leica User?
Free Leica presets for Lightroom (Non-camera specific)
All of the following Leica Lightroom presets are non-camera model specific compared to the camera specific presets I have available for the Leica M240, Leica CL and Leica M8.
*As with all my Leica Lightroom presets any preset can be used for any camera whether Leica brand or not but for me they help create the Leica look I want.
I will add more Lightroom presets below as I develop them over time. For each LR preset I will include example images so you can see the before and after look
1. Leica Lightroom Preset: MrLeica-WarmTone
On my photo shoot trip in Hungary and Ukraine this summer (blog write up to follow!) I shot a lot of images with available light. Hot (and humid!) weather meant lots of direct sunlight and nice golden colours. Often I have a preference for black and white images but in these conditions the sun gave a lovely warm look to the skin and overall picture. When I came to edit these photos back in the UK none of my existing Lightroom presets gave the right feel or mood I wanted so I had to get creating.
The MrLeica WarmTone Lightroom preset fills this gap and I ended up being able to use it for many of the mentioned images. After being in Budapest and Ukraine I was then in Poland. Getting back from Poland I found this warm tone preset perfect for some of those images too. The WarmTone preset is now one of my most used LR presets (unexpectedly!)
MrLeica-WarmTone: Example images
Below are screenshots from Adobe Lightoom showing the before and after. Unedited photos are shown on the left side (as marked) and the same image with the MrLeica WarmTone preset applied on the right.
You may recognise some of the “after” images from my MrLeicaCom Instagram feed or Flickr.
Leica M10 presets / Leica Q presets
The photos taken on these overseas shoots were taken with a modern digital Leica CL camera. The MrLeica-WarmTone preset was designed specifically around a modern Leica camera sensor so should work especially well as a Leica M10 preset or a Lightroom preset for a Leica Q / Leica Q2 (in addition to the more obvious Leica CL and Leica M240). The Leica M8 and Leica M9 have the older Kodak CCD sensor so the effect may be different. Once I have tried this preset with my Leica M8 images I will add some examples here.
Free Leica presets? Explained
Any Leica preset for Lightroom featured on this page is available for Free when you purchase a MrLeica Lightroom Preset Bundle. Ends December 2021*
The MrLeica Lightroom Preset Bundles (camera specific) available are –
- Leica M8 LR Presets (x3) (with example images)
- Leica CL LR Presets (x3) (with example images)
- Leica M240 LR Presets (x3) (example images to follow)
- Leica M10 LR Presets (x3) (example images to follow)
- Leica M9 LR Presets (x3) (coming soon!)
- Leica SL LR Presets (x4) (with example images)
- Leica Q LR Presets (x4) (with example images)
You can find them all available to download in the SHOP section of the blog
If you want to download the MrLeica WarmTone preset on it’s own it is available as a one off purchase (£5.99). Ends December 2021*
A warm look Lightroom preset where the intensity can be increased or decreased to suit many situations
More Leica Blog Articles
- Leica M 50mm Lenses Compared + Leica Lens Guide!
- Leica M Film Cameras Buyer’s Guide!
- 50 Leica Film Portraits (Budapest Girls)
- Cheap Leica Lenses?
> Workshops/ Photowalks Mailing List – Receive info on future events specific to your city/ country/ interest.
> Zoom Consultations/ Mentor – Not sure what camera or lens to buy or need help with your photography? Act today and book a 1:1 Zoom call!
> Join the family on Patreon! Instant access: 200+ exclusive posts including 100+ videos, 2 group Zoom calls/month, Friendly private Facebook group.. *Sign up to Patreon for 12 months and get 10% off!
> Recommended Photography Gear? MyKit lists all my recommended photography equipment and the links let you price check items.
> Free YouTube Search Tool – Keep up to date with the monthly Newsletter and receive a free copy of my YouTube video search tool. Search my 200+ videos by lens manufacturer, lens mount, focal length, film format and other filters.
> Wedding Referrals for Cash! Know someone getting married? If they book my £1K or higher wedding photographer package I’ll send you a £50 thank you!
> Written reviews and sample photos – Follow the blog so not to miss them.