Leica M3 vs Leica M2 Review (YouTube) – Camera Specs Comparison (Pros&Cons)
As part of my YouTube Leica M film camera Mini Series here is a Leica M3 vs Leica M2 review. The video covers the main features of each camera and should help you decide which of these Leica film cameras may suit you best, depending on your own personal preferences.
Which is better? – Leica M3 vs M2
The answer depends on how you shoot, what focal length you prefer and what type of light you shoot with. It maybe that neither of these cameras will suit your needs. If that is the case my Leica M4-P vs Leica M6 video might be of interest (coming soon!). The M4-P and M6 cameras are more modern versions of the Leica M2 and M3 and so cater for some of the ‘limitations’ of the earlier cameras.
Existing Leica Reviews
If you prefer to read text and look at images than watch a video here are my existing Leica camera articles –
- Leica M3 (needs updating when I get time*)
- Leica M2
- Leica M4-P
- Leica M6
There is also my one big blog post that is the basis for these new YouTube videos –
Leica M2 vs M3 – Specs Sheet (Cheat Sheet!)
This cheat sheet I put together should hopefully tell you all you need to know when comparing the Leica M2 to the M3.
YouTube: Leica M3 vs Leica M2 Review
YouTube: Leica M2 / Leica M3 Film Loading + Unloading
YouTube: Best Leica Film Camera (Series Intro)
If you missed it –
More Leica related articles
- Leica M 50mm Lenses Compared + Leica Lens Guide!
- 50 Leica Film Portraits (Budapest Girls)
- Cheap Leica Lenses?
- Lightroom Presets – Leica CL Downloads
- Lightroom Presets – Leica M8 Downloads
- Leica CL
- Leica CL vs M240
- Leica CL + M Lenses
- Leica CL vs M240 (12 month follow-up review + Reasons to buy the CL)
- Leica M10/ M10-P vs M240
- Leica M Typ 240
- Leica M9 (First impressions)
- Leica M9 (All you need to know!)
- Leica M8 / Leica M8 – 10th Anniversary!
- Leica Q (vs Leica CL)
- Leica S2
You may also like… What Gear I Use for Portraits!
- See full details of my portrait photography lighting kit – HERE
- See full details of my portrait photography equipment kit – HERE